For the past month, I've been to the Doctor THREE times! And I've been on MC for a total of 4 days!!! This is no joke especially because I'm not the frail, delicate type. However, the three medical maladies plaguing me has been greatly varied:
1) Women/gynae-related problem (Week 1)
- Yes, had an unpleasant shock one night. Strange bedfellows, so to speak. Less said, the better. Good doctor took one look at my pale-ass face and gave me a day off.
- Medication: Blood replacement tablets and pain-killers
Pic taken from: http://www.geekologie.com/2007/04/15-week/
- Had to endure several days of fevers and headaches, which persisted and marred my annual Deepavali joy.
- The doctor lectured me on putting off my health (being the oh-so-kiasu teacher that I was, I’d put off seeing the doctor until after I’d seen my kiddies through their inter-school Scrabble and Chess comp)
- Doctor dearest also said : “Oh you’re a teacher? What so important about your work? Take a day off.” ; I managed to glower at him and shut him up.
- Medication: 6 types of drugs (won’t junkies wanna be me?)
- I had the brilliant idea of using my super moisturizing body butter on my eye-area to amp up my dead eyes a bit.
- Failed to wash it off properly. Proceeded to watch Heart of Greed on laptop; ignoring growing discomfort in right eye.
- By the time I looked in the mirror, it was swollen and red. God knows, how I’d let it get that way. Picture below; cringeeeeeeeeee
So yes, I feel like I've 'faan tai sui' (for those non-chinese readers out there - this means stg like I've offended some Duke -deity guy and am facing his wrath...whatever :p). Hope I'll be all nice and healthy for the next coupla months.
You know why?