Aedan's Bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

CNY and Ang Pows

Instead of coming up with a witty headliner or title for my post today, I’m just going with – “Things in my post today”.

My last post was in January. It’s been quite some time…. A status report: Kid has successfully purchased a motorcycle and is more frequent to classes nowadays. Unfortunately, he’s also become less motivated after CNY (I’m not sure why). His workload has increased as well. Sigh.

Neways….

Chinese New Year was different this year. This year, I spent CNY as a married woman. I spent more time at KG’s. Reunion dinner was steamboat and my mom-in-law’s yummylicious “Lo Bak”. KG and my In-Laws were also very accommodating – we returned to my home whenever possible and I played Mah Jong with my aunts and Grandma. It wasn’t planned, but most of us dressed in red red red :D

The other thing about this year’s CNY – we gave out Ang Pows for the first time. Hahaha – some people have asked me how it feels. My answer: Painful but Satisfying. It’s odd – but giving out money packets feels like a very adult thing to do. Ya see, I don’t feel quite the adult usually since I’m always surrounded by teenagers (yay, perks of being a teacher).

The Redsters

By the way, I don’t have any pictures to show you guys, but I think this year’s best ang pow packet designs goes to:

  • CIMB (gold, non-premier banking) & OCBC (pretty designs, non-premier banking)
  • Deutsche Bank (red/pink, premier banking)

1 comment:

Helen said...

First time I'm seeing this pic. Looks nice. Let's wear red again this coming CNY.